NE Experienced Director Round Table Series, October 2020 - May 2021
Online (ACA, New England's Zoom)
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
- Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Export to iCalendar
Eastern Standard Time
Did you miss the first session in October? If so, no worries - sign up to join the group and start on November 17!
For camp professionals with 5 or more years of camp director experience (Both day and resident camp directors are welcome! As space is limited, we can only accommodate one director per camp at this time.)
Having a network of colleagues to share ideas with, to get feedback from, and to lean on for resources and supports can be so important in the camping industry. It helps us stay connected, broaden our perspectives, think innovatively, and strengthen our community. Last year’s attendees shared:
"I valued getting to know other directors in a deeper/more connected way."
"As a participant, I enjoyed the support and continuity of the group. "
"Looking back, it’s interesting to see how incredibly valuable this group has been amidst this current crisis. At times, it literally has helped me to stay grounded and on-track while trying to navigate the decisions about the summer."
This year, join us for…
NETV-Channel 3 – DTYD – Direct To You, Director
Just think, what if two television antennas meet on a roof, fall love and, eventually, get married. The reception would be FANTASTIC!!! An ACA, New England Action Series* with original material provided by your camp community.
*Binge watching not available in most areas…
While we’d all love to get together in person, this year we are taking our round table series virtual (using the Zoom platform)! This series of eight episodes (meetings) from October 2020 – May 2021 may cover the following topics:
- Building Community and Staying Connected
- Now What? How Do We Communicate It
- Holding Tryouts- The Right People for Team
- Is the Fax Machine Plugged In?! Technology in and out of the camp community-
- If Evaluations Were Like Antique Roadshow Appraisals- How are "we” doing?
- Mount Paperwork- Tackling This Risky Business
- Would Lucy Still Only Charge $.05? Health and Wellness in our camp
- Getting Ready for the Big Show- Dress Rehearsal and People Behaviors
Topics are subject to change based upon the needs/interests of participants.
Each month, there will be time for large group discussion, presentations/guest topic experts, and small group discussion.
We are excited to welcome Kat Shreve, Associate Executive Director at Camp Kudzu, who has worked in the summer camp industry for more than 30 years, as this year’s facilitator. Kat has a breadth of camp experience with both day and resident camps with organizations including: Project Adventure, Girl Scouts, YMCA, ACA, and Camp Kudzu.
The dates for the 2020-2021 season are as follows:
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm (please note this is the second Tuesday to avoid public school break dates)
- Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm (please note this is the second Tuesday to avoid public school break dates)
- Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Registration is for the entire eight session series and is based on the same individual participating in each session.