ACA Associate Visitor Course - Virtual Cohort B - March 2021
ACA National Online Visit Website
Wednesday, March 17, 2021
- Wednesday, April 07, 2021
Export to iCalendar
Eastern Standard Time
Course Specifics: This training will be comprised of three parts:
- An asyncronous online course component that must be completed prior to attending any virtual sessions.
- Four syncronous instructor-led virtual training sessions that will take place via Zoom over the span of four weeks.
- A 30-minute virtual 1-on-1 mentoring session to review training and self-assessment - this will be scheduled after all virtual training sessions are complete.
Course Schedule: The four syncronous virtual sessions are scheduled as follows:
- Session 1 - Wednesday, 3/17/2021 - 4:00pm - 6:30pm EST / 1:00pm - 3:30pm PST
- Session 2 - Wednesday, 3/24/2021 - 4:00pm - 6:30pm EST / 1:00pm - 3:30pm PST
- Session 3 - Wednesday, 3/31/2021 - 4:00pm - 6:30pm EST / 1:00pm - 3:30pm PST
- Session 4 - Wednesday, 4/7/2021 - 4:00pm - 6:30pm EST / 1:00pm - 4:00pm PST
Audience: This workshop is designed for ACA members who wish to volunteer as accreditation visitors.
Workshop Objectives: Participants will learn the roles and responsibilities of a visitor, including legal implications of visitor actions; develop information-gathering skills; and use resources available to make consistent compliance decisions. Participants will also understand the educational value of accreditation and become positive representatives and advocates for ACA.
Prerequisites: Age 21 or older; Current individual ACA membership - If you are not currently a member and have not already utilized this offer, take advantage of ACA's Free Year of Membership; Submission of Associate Visitor Application approved by the ACA local office; Completion of online pre-course sychronous segment (approx. 2 hours) prior to the ivirtual instructor-led sessions.
Initial Action Steps:
Application Deadline: February 24, 2021